From time to time, with the goal of keeping us all up to date and in tune with what’s happening in publishing, I like to give a heads up on awards and contest that might prove of interest. Here’s one to consider: The Writer’s Digest Self-Published e-Book Awards. Early bird deadline: August 1. The genres for submission are:
* Mainstream/Literary Fiction
* Genre Fiction (Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Humor, etc.)
* Nonfiction (General, Cookbooks, Reference, Guidebooks, Textbooks)
* Inspirational (Spiritual, New Age)
* Life Stories (Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs)
* Children’s Picture books
* Middle-Grade/Young Adult
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
• a $5,000 cash prize;
• cover exposure and a feature story in the May/June 2018 issue of
• a paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Conference;
• $200 worth of free Writer’s Digest guides.
One First Prize winner in each category will receive:
• $1,000 in cash
• Promotion in the May/June 2018 issue of Writer’s Digest
• $100 worth of Writer’s Digest books
Every entrant this year will receive a brief critique from one of the judges and free access to a special 60-minute webinar.
You must register and submit your e-book online. You may enter more than one book and/or more than one category; however, you must submit each book separately and pay an additional fee for each entry. Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality and overall quality of production and appearance. All self-published e-books released between 2012 and 2017 are eligible.
So if you have an e-Book you’ve polished until it shines, why not consider throwing your hat in the ring? For more information, visit: http://www.writersdigest.com/writers-digest-competitions Write on!